In search engine optimization (SEO), the off page SEO plays a significant role in boosting the online visibility of a website. Off page SEO helps in bringing highly targeted organic traffic through search engines. Many studies have revealed that it is easy to convert organic traffic to buyers, therefore more and more companies are devising strategies to get this type of traffic using off page SEO techniques.
Back links play a crucial role in determining the success of off page SEO efforts. If there are no back links, then search engine bots won’t be able to rank your website on the top of search engine result pages, which will adversely effect your online visibility, and you won’t get any customers. If you get a link from a website with high Google PR, then your site will definitely get much better value and ranking than when you get a back link from low PR site.
Search engines such as Yahoo and Google are interested in delivering highly relevant results to the searchers, and with the help of quality backlinks, search engines try to allure more searches to use their services, because with more searches, they earn more revenues. You can get quality backlinks in numerous ways, such as article marketing, blog and forum marketing, social media marketing, web directory submission, banner ads, PPC advertising, social bookmarking, e-book distribution, and so on.
* Article marketing- You should submit high quality articles to top article directories with a link to your website in the author resource box. This helps interested people in visiting your website after reading your articles. Regular submission of articles ensures that you will get consistent flow of backlinks on regular basis.
* Blogs and forums- You should submit posts to niche blogs and forums, and participate in discussions by contributing useful information. However, you should include link to your website in each of your submissions. This will enhance your online reputation and help you in your off page SEO efforts.
* Social media marketing- Today social media has more than 900 million users, and you can reach out to them by making your profile on few social media websites such as Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and so on. By interacting with interested people and customers, you can drive quality traffic to your website.
* Web directory submission- You should submit your website to top directories on the Internet. People use these directories to search for desired products or services. However, you should submit your website under proper categories and sub-categories so that it can be found with ease.
* PPC- With PPC advertising, you can increase your backlinks, and website ranking within a short time. These are paid ads that are displayed much above the organic search results. There are greater chances of users clicking on these ads. By choosing your niche keywords carefully, you can get much better results with PPC advertising campaigns.
The key to success in off page SEO is follow basic link builing tutorial tips and never try to game the system. With continuous honest efforts, you can not only improve results from your off page SEO efforts, but can rule your niche for a long time, thereby bringing more profits for your business with increases sales.
Mitz Pantic, founder of http://letsbuildwebsites.com/ wrote this article. Mitz has been building websites for over 7 years and loves writing about her journey in an easy to understand way.