As our technology evolves, we find more ways to reach people. In the past, our only means of connecting to our clients are telephones. Now, we have computers, handheld devices, and the internet to communicate with our clientele. But which do you think is better? The conventional methods in internet marketing or mobile marketing?
I think that the latter is better. Why? The reason is that there are five observable advantages which are as follows:
- Availability – our phones are always within our reach these days. With this fact, we can easily communicate with everyone all the time and at a faster rate too. This also means that we can interrupt people almost every time.
- Trimmed down erroneous transactions – since a mobile phone number is unique, there is less chances in committing mistakes in recording a client’s preference as compared to cookies, IP addresses, and postal addresses. With this number, a client’s belief or inclinations are saved.
- Timely – because of the availability and convenience, reaching others in a faster manner is made possible. Obviously, this communication method is quicker than snail mail and email.
- Geographically targeted – knowing the exact location of your contact can be a turning point for your marketing efforts. Your knowledge of the client’s location can be your springboard for conversation. You can talk about several topics revolving your town or city. Aside from that, your location can reveal several personal traits about you.
- Trust – mobile phones become part of our intimate lives. Did you know that most people prefer to take personal calls such as financial and romantic concerns via mobile phones? In other words, the most personal and sensitive issues are tackled using the phone.
In addition, we do almost anything using our cell phones. We create documents, take pictures, share and transfer data, and even surf the internet for valuable information. These features make the mobile marketing an easier technique to implement.
With just a click of a button, you can reply to the other person in less than a minute. Additionally, MMS, SMS, and mobile tools allow concise and unstructured ways to communicate with each other. This was not present in the earlier era of marketing.
For example, if you are in a gym, it means that you are health conscious or an exercise buff. Using this information, you can talk about exercise equipments with your client. Or better yet, you can converse about the interesting establishments around the gym. However, this can also mean that the client cannot or does not want to be disturbed while exercising. Take these data into account.
This also means that a high level of trust is placed on the phone and on the person on the other line. Mobile marketers can take advantage of this by being sensitive to their client. Surely, this will woo and impress the potential customer.
These are just five advantages and reasons why mobile marketing is better than conventional internet marketing methods. What is your stand in this? Do you agree with the advantages in this post? Do share your thoughts.
Take care and be well.
Author’s bio: Marcy Gray likes sharing her tips and tricks, and opinion through writing. In addition, she likes to write about various topics such as Air purifier and cleaner and the first years wave stroller.